DESTINATION | Everywhere


Not sure if this is a right now thing or just something I've been noticing, but there's a lot of people getting off the grid and driving around for months or even years in pursuit of freedom, adventure, scenery, who knows. From Foster Huntington's book Home is Where You Park It to Vancrafted to Lucille & Found—the idea is definitely on my radar. Looks like there's a couple that seriously predates the trend though. BBC just profiled a couple who drove a Mercedes G-Wagen through 177 countries logging 549k miles over 26 years. Wanderlust in its purest form. Check out the entire story, it's so fantastic: Gunther, Christine and Otto: How a man met a woman and they set off on an epic journey across six continents in one amazing unbreakable car.


[Thank you Abigail!]

Comments

Hogan said…
I love the idea as well! What an amazing article about this couple. I've sent the link to my father; in the 70's he drove solo from the Netherlands to Hong Kong- just for the sake of it. I've got serious wanderlust now!
Caroline said…
Great post and links. I have lots of reading to catch up on!
Kelsey said…
This is so rad. Mike is going to be jealous.
Anonymous said…
check out "thefamilyacid" on instagram
t said…
One of my favorite posts. Thank you.
Unknown said…
The world of people doing cool stuff is a small one. Kelly and Brendan of Vancrafted stayed with my brother in Maine during their travels. And Mary of Lucille & Found just got her Tomboy Style popover in the mail and will be sharing some photos of it from the road soon. :)
Unknown said…
what a beautiful dress. Thanks for sharing...58eveningdress.

Popular Posts